Saturday, June 22, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor in Fuchsia Flash and Hot Plum: Swatches and Review

Hello lovelys! Hope your first days of summer have been wonderful! I want to start the summer with a review of the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids line of lipsticks in Fuchsia Flash and Hot Plum. These colors are different than the usual drugstore lipsticks and  the colors just 'pop' on your lips.


The lipsticks are in this bright orange tube. :0





I was looking for a neon magenta lipstick and I couldn't decide which one of the two colors to get so I ended up getting both. Fuchsia Flash is definitely more pink than Hot Plum. I would say Fuchsia Flash is more of a hot pink and Hot Plum is more of a purple hot pink. But from looking at the swatches and on my lips these two colors seem very close. Fuchsia Flash is more neon than Hot Plum but Hot Plum is more pigmented than Fuchsia Flash. Both of the lipsticks smell kind of like vanilla.

Pros:
  • Bright, really beautiful colors
  • Non-streaky with a glossy finish so you can just wear this alone without a lipgloss on top
Cons:
  • Availability - for some reason these colors are sold out in some stores. lol Consider these cost about $7 ~ $10 CAD it's selling like hot cakes
  • Not as pigmented as I expected because of the gloss finish
  • Fragrance - I wasn't too much of a fan of the vanilla scent of the lipstick

Overall, I like the Fuchsia Flash shade better than Hot Plum because it looks more neon on my lips but both are pretty awesome colors.

Until next time!
xoxo,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment